All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

School's out...FOR...EVER!


Yesterday was my last day of class...ever! Normally I would have just had my Textiles exam, but I was invited to present my portfolio to a review panel of teachers and guest judges. This was entirely optional for me since I didn't take the official portfolio class, but in the end I'm glad I did it.

I've been an overachiever and consider myself pretty competitive and slightly obsessive-compulsive about certain things, so I at first I didn't want to present my work. But the instructor had been meeting with me weekly for these portfolio workshops during the entire quarter and invited me to present. The rest of his class had to do this for a grade. I did this just because.

Luckily I finished my hotel presentation a few days early, and had the chance to really polish my portfolio based on comments I had received from teachers, architects, and designers. (One of my hotel boards is shown above, board 2 of 7.)

Here's another hotel board, #5 of 7:



(I'll post more from this project, like a floor plan and perspective rendering, in another post.)

I was so glad I went through with that optional presentation. It made me feel like I really pushed myself during this 15-month program. I left that day with no regrets.

Afterwards, I got a martini with some classmates.

Portfolio available on request. Drop me a line!

No comments: