All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dream A Little Dream...

Oooh, I've been bad at keeping up my self-imposed policy of once-a-week posting.

Anyhow, last week (or was it two weeks ago now?) I posted some crazy-expensive designer pieces and wrote about a couple of my favorite sofas that I'd love to have if I could re-do my own living room.

Well, I realized I'd keep my current bookshelves, which I love. Even if we lost everything in a fire, I think we'd try to re-create this combination of shelving again. You know it wouldn't take long for my partner to replace all the books!

Here's what an ideal living room would look, at least for this week/month/year:


It's got my usual mix of geometric and organic shapes, hard and soft materials, shiny and worn finishes. Here's the cost breakdown:

Hahn Sofa by Vladimir Kagan, $1899
Bookshelves, custom configurations at The Container Store
1930s-40s Navajo Rug, East Meets West Antiques, $1450
Arabesque pillows, Williams-Sonoma Home, $98
Greek key side table, $595
Onyx coffe table, One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag Sale (Michelle Nussbaumer), $1999
Sketch, One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag Sale (Michelle Nussbaumer), $549
Turquoise pot, One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag Sale (Michael S. Smith), $49
Petrified wood lamps, One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag Sale (Michelle Nussbaumer), $3199

I know a lot of stuff up there just came from One Kings Lane, but I've really been loving their site recently. Some of the stuff is still pretty pricey, but there are also quite a few deals, too. You never know which big-name designer is going to sell stuff on their weekend Tag Sales!

$3199 for a pair of lamps...sigh! Yeah, it's a bit of a dream for me. I know I could probably find comparable items for everything above at thrift stores and flea markets. But for now, just for this blog post, let's dream big, okay?

No comments: