All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

GOLD! Always believe in your soul...

Okay, I am a fan of the spray paint as most of you know. I found this little black ceramic lamp at Community Thrift a few months ago and was going to use for my client with the Oakland loft. But after I spray painted it bright white, it didn't seem to work with this tall floral shade I had. I found an alternative and decided to use the painted lamp for another client instead.

Here's how it looked when I dropped it off last week:


Not bad, but kind of lacking. The husband of the couple thought it blended into the pale blue walls, and because it was such a cold white, he was right.

So this week I painted it GOLD.



Now it has more depth. The metallic color contrasts not only the pale blue walls, but also the turned wood side table. Throw on an inexpensive linen lampshade and you've got a great piece for under $40! (I used Krylon Bright Gold, by the way.)

I'm really feeling the metallics right about now. Don't be afraid to mix them up, either. Go ahead, give your home a little shine and bling.

"You've got the power to know that you're indestructible..."

1 comment:

Jim N. said...

Wow, it really does make a difference!