All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you...

Thanks to all the thoughts and wishes after my post two weeks ago. I took last week off because my great aunt did pass away and then I got a pretty bad cold.

This weekend I'm on the hunt for Ye Olde Dayjobbe as well as doing some Retrograde paperwork.

For two dayjob residential projects, I'm looking for: kitchen pendants, side tables, and large single lamps. Here are some things I spied at Monument, one of my favorite shops on Valencia Street:






If you ever visit Monument, you'll see what kinds of budgets I get to work with at Ye Olde Dayjobbe. For Retrograde, I've been trying to explain to a friend why a custom sofa can cost upwards of $10,000.

There can be a little sticker shock when it comes to the higher-end stuff. I end up coaching my Retrograde peeps through the process, explaining the pros and cons of going custom or sticking to retail. It all depends on your budget and priorities.

I'm working on a more dramatic post next weekend, promise!

No comments: