All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

Yes, I've been gone for two weeks. As some of you know, I'm also an actor and have been in Carmel shooting a new movie based on Jack Kerouac's novel, Big Sur.

It was so cool to see the level of detail that the production designers created. In one scene, we're all in this crumbling old cabin (which took eight bumpy river crossings in an SUV to reach) and it's been decked out in period decorations and touches:




Whenever I'm on a set, I'm always amazed at the level of detail the production department achieves! I guess that's the designer in me, geeking out.

Wouldn't it be great if I could blend design and acting together and work in production? Then again, I've seen how hard those people work...maybe I'll just stay in front of the camera!

More posts from my Carmel adventure soon!

No comments: