All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Don't blame this sleeping satellite...

So I don't know if any you know this or not, but Mercury (the planet) has been in retrograde this month. And boy have I been feeling it! It's like, everything that could go wrong at Ye Olde Dayjobbe has gone wrong. Curtain hardware for one project has been declared defective not just once but TWICE, delaying one installation. And another project has had multiple pieces delayed either by misunderstandings, techinical difficulties, or shipping/freight errors.

For a large commercial project I've been working on, it turned out that a check for a table was sent to the wrong vendor and was never sent back! Someone working on the same project just replied to an e-mail I sent back in MAY.

Susan Miller says this crazy time will end soon, but still...I've got to deal with craziness and madcap hilarity until August 26. Basically, I keep hitting my head against my desk as the bad news rolls in, saying to my coworkers over and over again, "Why me? Why me?"

At home, my DVR died after five years of faithful service. Goodbye to movies I recorded and will never see, like The Seven Samurai and Jindabyne. I guess I'll have to check online for the next few days to see what happens on Degrassi or Design Star. Needless to say, the liquor cabinet is constantly stocked with bourbon right now.

What craziness has been happening to you lately? I'm interested in knowing how this Mercury retrograde phase is affecting us all...

1 comment:

Jd said...

Dude, I forgot Merc was in retro. Ugh, my guy broke up w/ me for something I did in my sleep. Talk about communication gone haywire. We've worked it out and we're better than ever, but geez, that sucked.

And, our phones have been down for two days and my cable went out for two weeks. Full on retrograde.