All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Monday, January 23, 2012

And when you smile for the camera...

Well, construction continues on my flat, so everything's a mess. No way I could even get the place camera-ready in 15 minutes. Or an hour. Or a week. The good thing is that we've been sorting through all the stuff in our back storage room, donating carloads to Goodwill and Community Thrift.

We've also had a lot of time to catch up on some movies. As a member of the Screen Actors Guild, I got some great screener DVDs of SAG Award-nominated films to watch at home. They've been a great distraction from all the chaos and construction, as well as a good reward after several days of Retrograde work on the weekends.

Here are my faves--get out there and watch 'em when you can!

The Artist, set in Hollywood during the late '20s and early '30s:




The Help, set during the cusp of the Civil Rights Era:


The Descendents, set in modern-day Hawaii:


Loved them all. I won't tell you how I voted, though ;-)

1 comment:

Jim said...

So yes, THANK YOU SAG! And I, for one, can't wait until a certain film called "Big Sur" comes out. There's one particular actor I've been following for a while. Quite dashing. And the camera loves him (as do I).