All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

All original work © Jason W. Wong. Please ask for permission to reproduce any work.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hong Kong Garden

Yesterday my partner and I went to lunch at the heroic Boulevard Cafe in Daly City before our suburban shopping extravaganza--basically our quarterly Target run, with a first-time-in-a-decade stop at JC Penney's (since I'm beginning to think it's important to support the retailers who support your community.)

Anyhow, while we over there, I saw this AMAZING apartment complex...I couldn't describe it. 1970s Asian? Each cluster of buildings was slightly different, some where Asian, others were Neoclassical (maybe a nod to the Greek community?) And all had varying takes on fretwork on the balconies.

Needless to say, I loved it. Would I want to live there? I don't know...I live in an Edwardian flat right now because it feels like San Francisco. But if I lived in someplace like LA, I think I'd totally want a home in a heroic complex like this:




 


No comments: